The Arc recently partnered with the Family Support Research and Training Center (FSRTC) at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). Through this partnership, The Arc investigated and reported on gaps in support for families that include an individual with I/DD. Family support for diverse families was found to be a substantial area of weakness. See our reports for more information:
- Chapter State Coalitions (full technical report)
- Chapter State Coalitions (brief)
- Gaps in caregivers of adolescents
- Gaps in caregivers of adults
- Gaps in caregivers of children
You can use this information to learn more about common gaps families experience, improve supports to families, and present information to potential funders. Questions? Contact Jenny Sladen at Sladen@thearc.org.